You’ve probably heard that meditation is good for you, but do you know why?
1. MEDITATION MAKES YOU SMARTER
You can think of meditation as a workout for your brain. Meditating actually increases your brain mass in the areas that govern memory and learning. So you could say that meditating makes you smarter!
2. MEDITATION STOPS YOUR MIND FROM WANDERING
It also trains you to quiet your “monkey mind” which helps you to focus and concentrate. Good news for those of us with ADD! Often when your mind wanders, it goes to worries, bad memories, and fear of the future, so you could say that meditation also makes you happier and more positive!
3. MEDITATION HELPS YOU SLEEP FASTER AND BETTER
Meditating makes you feel calmer and more relaxed, which means you will sleep better and more easily.
More often than not, I go to sleep with my headphones on, listening to one of the many collected guided meditations that I have on my iPhone. This is super relaxing and I often fall asleep before they’re done.
And as an added benefit, if you meditate twice a day for 20 minutes, your body rests 2 to 5 times more deeply than during sleep!
Meditation helps you feel well rested
and increases your energy.
4. MEDITATION REDUCES STRESS AND ANXIETY
Breathing meditations are excellent for reducing stress and anxiety. So the next time you find yourself in the middle of a panic attack, try this:
- Sit with your back straight.
- Then place the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth, just behind your upper front teeth.
- Close your mouth and breath in through your nose to a count of 4.
- Hold your breath for a count of 7.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whooshing sound to a count of 8.
- Then repeat this 3 more times for a total of 4 times.
5. MEDITATION IS EMPOWERING
Meditation strengthens your self-control, which makes it easier for you to resist unhealthy cravings. It may even help fight addictions.
6. MEDITATION HELPS YOU FIND SOLUTIONS
Personally, I find meditating is an excellent way of accessing my creativity and intuition, as well as my higher self and my spirit guides. This helps me to find solutions to problems that my mind can’t solve. It also helps me. to download the occasional poem…
7. MEDITATION HELPS YOU CLEAR YOUR MIND AND SET GOALS
I love using meditation to place my goals firmly in my subconscious mind.
It’s also super handy for entering your mind palace and decluttering, as in the meditation video I’ve shared below.
GOOD TIMES TO MEDITATE ARE:
- First thing in the morning
- At night before you go to sleep.
If you’re a beginner, it will probably be easier and more enjoyable for you to do this using guided meditations. There are many of these available online and I have also created a few as part of my programs, including this special Detox meditation.
Check out my ALL-NEW Transformative Guided
Group Meditation Journeys
Anxious all the time and can’t just ‘will away’ your stress?
WANT TO FEEL BETTER QUICKLY AND EASILY?
Imagine waking up feeling great every morning, looking in the mirror and loving what you see, being crystal clear about who you are and what kind of life you want for yourself, without running off to Costa Rica for a month-long retreat, or worrying that it’ll just mean adding 50 more things to your to do list.
I know how you can do it and I’m going to show you how.
A Woman’s Guide To Less Stress And More Energy
and start feeling better NOW!